new LD-12 “Professional’s Plus” Water Leak Detector offers several new
features not available in our popular LD-10 Professional´s Water Leak
The LD-12’s amplification and audio clarity
are even better than the LD-10’s, and the LD-12’s large meter display
of the leak sound intensity is easily visible in all outdoor lighting,
from bright sunlight to total darkness.
The LD-12 includes a base plate for “ground
miking” on city streets or concrete slabs and both a magnet base and
a contact rod for water leak “surveying” at hydrants, valves, and meters.
Features of the LD-12:
- Large meter display (with backlight)
of sound loudness, allowing the user to pinpoint the exact leak
- Light weight amplifier, weighing only 31 ounces, with a padded
carrying case and a strap.
- Six selectable filters, split into three “low side” filters
(100Hz, 200Hz, or 400Hz) and three “high side” filters (600Hz, 800Hz,
- “Limiter” switch which cuts off all loud noises greater than
110dB. If you drop the sensor, you won't hurt your hearing.
- “Filter-Thru” switch, which turns OFF all of the amp’s filters,
allowing the user to hear all sounds from 50Hz to 15,000Hz.
- High-sensitivity ground microphone and low “electronic noise”
amplifier combine to offer the very best quality sound for leak
Three accessories for attachment to the sensor:
- Ground plate for pinpointing on streets/slabs
- Magnet base for surveying at hydrants/valves
- Contact rod for surveying at meters/fittings
- Amplifier with Meter Display and Filter Controls
- Ground Microphone and Handswitch
- Base Plate for Listening on Street Surfaces
- Aviation-Grade Stereo Headphones
- Heavy-Duty ABS Plastic Carrying Case